The URSL is founded upon safe and integrated management of radioactive materials and radiation emitting devices, and all activities of the URSL based on radiation safety laws and safety regulations of UNIST.
The purpose of Radiation Safety Control is to Efficiency and safety control the radioactive material by prescribing matters concerning purchase, handles, storage and disposal of radioisotope, etc. and Supports the radiation research which is smooth and under contributing boil in university development.
We are trying at best to achieve effective and safe radiation usage.
Management of radioactive source
- purchase, handles, storage and disposal of radioisotope, etc.
Management of radiation worker
- radiation worker registration and education
- control of exposure, personal dosimeter
- medical check up
Management of radioactive waste
- sort, cleanse, storage, disuse of radioactive waste
Management of radioactive facilities
- establishment of radiation control area
- access control at facilities
- measurement of radiation dose and radioactive contamination
Management of radioactive equipment
- calibration of radiation safety control equipment
Administration business for radiation
- other business related to the safety control of radiation and prevent of radiation hazard
Status of the use of radioisotopes, etc.
Unsealed Source(Permit) Type Quantity Location Use 1 C-14 55.5MBq Engineering building1 704-2 Biochemical marker 2 I-125 18.5 MBq 3 P-32 1,295 MBq 4 S-35 370 MBq
Sealed Source(Permit) Type Quantity Model Location Use 1 Cs-137 32.9 TBq Gamma Irradiator UCRF Blood
2 Co-60 37 MBq N/A Engineering building2 ETC 3 Ni-63 555 MBq Agilent 7890A UCRF GC-ECD 4 Ni-63 555 MBq Agilent 7890A Engineering building1 GC-ECD 5 Am-241 3.7 MBq
Grimm Neutralizer Engineering building1 Static eliminator
Radiation generating device(Notify)
Radiation generating device(Notify) Model Manufacture Capacity Location Use 1 D/MAX 2500V/PC Rigaku 60kVp / 300 mA UCRF X-ray diffraction analysis 2 D8 Advance Bruker 60kVp / 80 mA UCRF 3 S8 Tiger Bruker 60kVp / 170 mA UCRF 4 R-AXIS RAPID II Rigaku 60kVp / 60 mA UCRF 5 D/MAX 2200 Rigaku 60kVp / 60 mA Natural building 6 D8 Advance Bruker 60kVp / 60 mA UCRF 7 X’PERT Pro PANalytica
60kVp / 60 mA Engineering building1 8 SkyScan1176 Bruker 90kVp / 0.275mA UCRF animal irradiator