Since opening UNIST in 2009, UNIST Materials Characterization Lab(UMCL) has composed 6 sub-labs which are Electron Microscope Analysis, Spectroscopic Analysis, X-ray Analysis, Mass Analysis Lab, Surface Analysis Lab and Thermal & Property Analysis Lab. UMCL owns about 50 state-of-the-art research equipment which is worth of $ 25 million.
UMCL support the needs of academic and industrial researches research equipment including Advanced TEM, TOF-SIMS, 600MHz NMR . In addition, the six labs provide regular training programs designed to maximize self operation. Moreover UMCL is trying to hold various workshop and seminar to enhance analysis professionality of both staffs and self-users.
UMCL will do its best to support tiptop service to you through continuous setting of high-end equipment and efficient management.
Establishing Research Infrastructure
- Expanding fusion research infrastructure integrated with high tech equipment
- Maximizing mutual utilization system of research facilities
Supporting Highly Qualified Research Service
- Leading cutting-edge analysis technique and developing new analysis method
- Fostering professional analysis experts
Education & Management
- Offering quarterly training programs for self-users
- Holding special seminars on technically intensive analyses and high class applications
Spectroscopic AnalysisFT-NMR, UV-Vis-NIR, CLSM, Fluorometer, FT-IR, Raman, Zeta-Sizer
Mass AnalysisMALDI-TOF/TOF, LC/MS/MS, GC/MS/MS, GPC/MALS, EA
Surface AnalysisXPS, UPS, TOF-SIMS, AFM, BET
Electron MicroscopyAdvanced TEM, HR-TEM, Bio-TEM, Normal TEM, FE-SEM, Dual-Beam FIB
X-Ray AnalysisHR-XRD, HP-XRD, Normal XRD, SC-XRD, XRF
Thermal & Physical AnalysisTGA, DSC, DMA, SDT, Rheometer, Dillatometry, Probe Station