Welcome to USRRL (UNIST Synchrotron Radiation Research Laboratory ) homepage!
The UNIST Synchrotron Radiation Research Laboratory (USRRL) is established on Feb. 2015, based on 6D UNIST-PAL X-ray Crystallography & Scattering Beamline located at Pohang Accelerator Laboratory at Pohang. USRRL supplies state of the art research opportunities using high flux synchrotron radiation source in the various scientific and industrial fields of physics, chemistry, material science, earth science, and life science by using X-ray absorption spectroscopy, Wide-/small-angle X-ray scattering, and X-ray crystallography.
User Service, Maintenance & Upgrade
- User service, maintenance, operation of 6D UNIST-PAL beamline
- Upgrade of major beamline components for world-class synchrotron research laboratory
Measurements & Analysis Service
- Development of new synchrotron analysis techniques and experimental instruments
- Main-in-service (Measurements and Analysis)
Education & Expanding Human Infrastructures
- Provides unique and basic education of measurements and analysis
- Intensive educational curriculum for the utilization of synchrotron radiation
빔타임 운영일수 XAFS (GI)SAXS (GI)WAXD X-ray Crystallography Source/ Monochromator / Resolution (ΔE/E) Bending magnet / Si(111) double crystal monochromator / ~ 2 x 10-4 Focusing Mirror system Toroidal, bendable (Coating material: Rh 5 nm, Pt 35 nm) Flux (photons/s) / Energy range ~ 2 x 1011 @ 10 keV / 5 ~ 20 keV Beam size 0.8 x 1.6 mm2 0.6 x 0.8 mm2 0.15 x 0.15 mm2 0.12 x 0.12 mm2 Instruments & sample stages 7-element Ge detector, PIPS fluorescence detector, I.C. Spec., vacuum/He sample chamber, multi-sample stage, in-situ battery cycling system X-ray CCD detector (MX225-HS, Rayonix), solution/powder/film/bulk sample stage, vacuum sample stage, solvent annealing chamber, high temperature sample stage (Max. 420 oC), Film stress measurement system, in-situ battery cycler system, capillary sample stage 3-axis goniometer, HKL 3000sm software, Raman spectroscopy, Optical microscopes, Cryojet 5 (85 K – 500 K)